Back to Top Back to Top
What documents do I need to provide for buying the private vehicle insurance?
  • Proposal form
  • HKID and driving licenses of all named drivers
  • Vehicle registration document
  • Previous policy schedule or renewal notice (if applicable), such as the NCD supporting or no. of consecutive years free of accident 
  • Certificate of Incorporation if the policyholder is company
  • Motor accident report if there was any accident happened in the last 3 years
  • Policyholders that enjoy extra benefits, please provide the required supporting documents (Specific requirements please refer to webpage “fill in quote details” on 6161.com.hk )
Online Purchase Procedures

What are the information needed for motor insurance quotation?


The following information is needed for quotation 


Third Party

Date of Birth


Years of Driving experience

Year of Manufacture of the vehicle

Vehicle Make and Model

Cylinder Capacity (c.c.)

No. of consecutive years free of accident

Number of accidents or claims for the past three years

Sum Insured Value



What to do after obtaining the quotation online or by telephone?

If you are satisfied with the quotation, quotation information will be sent to you by email when you click the “save quotation” button. Or continue to complete the procedure of buying insurance by selecting the policy start date (* Manual processing is required if the Policy need to take immediate effect), and then fill in the online detailed insurance information, and finally complete the payment procedure by credit card, cheque, cash, online banking or ATM transfers, etc., and instant access to a Cover Note.

Does Enhanced Motormech Insurance Plan has any special terms and conditions?
  • MotorMech as the Appointed Repairer
  • Member of DCH Holdings, Comprehensive Service Network
  • Enjoy Lower General Excess
  • Enjoy a free upgrade to fully synthetic engine oil for the purchase of “Regular Maintenance Package” or “Comprehensive Maintenance Package”
  • Enjoy 30% off for the purchase of Japanese Crystal 9H Car Coating Service (Original Price HK$6,800)
  • HKD200,000 Personal Accident Protection for the Named Driver stated in the policy schedule


Please note that under this plan, towing service should be arranged by us for the motor car to be towed to the nearest Appointed Repairer.


Click here for more details. 

Download Policy

Download Brochure


Back to Top Back to Top
Does Target's commercial vehicle insurance scheme extend to cover the Insured's legal liability to third party arising out of the operation of accessories or any plant forming part of the vehicle?

The insured must disclose the accessories installed on the vehicle, such as tailgate, to Target once the insured decides to join Target's commercial vehicle insurance scheme, Target will thereby cover the Insured's legal liability to third party arising out of the operation of these accessories.

This extension is subject to the following condition:

Limit of Liability:   HK$1,000,000 any one accident        

                             HK$1,000,000 any one period

Third Party Property Damage Excess: HK$20,000 each and every loss

For more details please view the Policy or Endorsements / Clauses.

What are the information needed for commercial vehicle insurance quotation?

You only need to provide the following information and your contact to obtain a preliminary quote immediately:

  • Vehicle Make and Model
  • Year of Manufacture of the vehicle
  • Tonnage
  • Type of body
  • Use of vehicle
  • No. of years free of accident
  • Accessories (If any)
  • Special Permit (If any)
  • Car owner information
What are the conditions for the online purchase of commercial vehicle insurance?

I.  The applicant must be the car owner.

II.  All named drivers are aged between 25 and 65 years old#

III. Hold a valid driving licence of the specific vehicle classification with more than 2 years driving experience#

IV. Incurred no more than 9 points in Driving-offence Points System in the past 2 years

V.  No accident or claim incurred in last 3 years

VI. No licence suspended or cancelled in last 3 years

# If the driver has less than 2 years of driving experience or is aged below 25, Target will consider the application on a case-by-case basis.

What documents do I need to provide to buy Target's commercial vehicle insurance scheme?

I.  Proposal form (Applicable to non-online applicants)

II. HKID and driving licenses of all main drivers and car owner; certificate of Incorporation if the policyholder is a company

III. Vehicle registration document and supporting documents for related permits and licenses (if applicable)

IV. Renewal notice issued by Insurer or the policy schedule of the previous year

V. Motor accident report if the proposer or the main driver has any accident happened in the last 3 years

VI. Policyholders that enjoy extra benefits, please provide the required supporting documents


Back to Top Back to Top
Can I cancel the policy? How?

Yes, you can. You can provide a 7-day written notice and return the original of certificate of insurance and schedule at any time to cancel the insurance. Written notice could be by fax or email.


We will cancel the policy as soon as possible upon receipt of your written notice, clients are required to return the original of certificate of insurance (C.I.) within 7-10 days, we will only arrange the refund after receiving the original certificate of insurance (C.I.). Target Insurance will return the premium according to the below proportion for any cancellation of policy halfway, durations less than a month will be regarded as a month. The minimum and non-refundable premium is HK$515.2.

1 month - 20% premium

2 months - 30% premium

3 months - 40% premium

4 months - 50% premium

5 months - 60% premium

6 months - 70% premium

7 or 8 months - 80% premium

More than 8 months - the total premium


* Please be noted that if any car accident report is filed during the insurance period, no refund of premium will be made upon cancellation of policy.


How will I get refunds?

The time for refunds will need around 4 - 6 weeks.


Payment mode

Refund mode

Time required

Credit card

Refund cheque by mail

4-6 weeks


Refund cheque by mail

4-6 weeks


Refund cheque by mail

4-6 weeks

Bank transfer

Refund cheque by mail

4-6 weeks

Can I modify my insurance information? (What information can be modified?) How?

Yes, you may call our customer service center hotline 2926 2926 during office hours which are 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday or send us e-mail to cs.motor@6161.com.hk


Modify insurance information


Procedures/necessary documents

Change of license plate


CI, Vehicle registration document, handling charge is $500

Change of vehicle model

CI, Vehicle registration document, premium margin and handling charge is $500

Change of vehicle engine

Vehicle registration document

Change of financial / banking affairs

Written notice

Change of address

Address proof or written notice

Change of the name of insured

CI, ID card, driver's license, fill in the application for insurance, premium margin # and $500 handling fees

Named driver

ID card, driver's license, fill in the application form for insurance

Change/Transfer NCB

Premium margin #

# Premium margin: If newly added named driver is the third / fourth one or young drivers under 25 years old or with less than two years of driving experience


Back to Top Back to Top
No claims discount (NCB/NCD)

NCB/NCD is no claim bonus/ no claim discount that we offer you as incentive on your renewal premium if there are no claims caused by accident on your policy in the past year of insurance.


No. of consecutive years free of accident  

No claim discount

First year


The first year after renewal


The second year after renewal


The third year after renewal


The fourth year after renewal


The fifth year after renewal or more  



There are different calculations of no claim discount for different type of vehicle so there is no common calculation of no claim discount. For example, no claim discount for private vehicle can be accumulated up to 60% while motorcycle and commercial vehicles can only accumulated to 30% of no claim discount.


No claim discount is attached to the policy holder. Thus, buyer cannot utilize your no claim discount when you sell the vehicle.  Meanwhile, even though the owner of the no claim discount is the same person, the no claim discount only applies to one vehicle.  Therefore, the owner with serval vehicles will have more than one no claim discount. Also, vehicle owner should also be aware that if he/she fails to apply transfer the no claim discount to another vehicle when the vehicle was sold, then the no claim discount will be automatically cancelled after one year. Even if there was 60% no claim discount the discount still re-count from 0%.


What is an excess?

An excess is the amount that you must contribute towards the cost of a claim. The insurance company will pay the rest of the compensation. In the normal situation, the higher the excess you contribute, the lower the premium you pay.


For example, if the excess for the policy holder is HK$5,000 and the total of compensation is HK$12,000, the policy holder is necessary to afford HK$5,000 whilst the HK$7,000 will be payable by the insurance company.


The policy will also list different excess in details as follows:

Excess Type

Comprehensive insurance

Third-party insurance

General Damage /Own Damage


Unnamed Driver

Young Driver

Inexperienced Driver

Theft Loss


Third Party Property Damage

Parking Damage


What is MIB?

MIB is the short name for Hong Kong Motor Insurance Bureau, which is responsible formanaging two funds: responsible vehicles do not have valid insurances cover or the insurance policies are invalid in a traffic accident, and victims fail to obtain compensations adjudged by the court within 28 days or the compensationsare unpaid because of the bankruptcy of the insurer.  The source of both funds is from the 3% surcharge of the auto insurance policy.


Hong Kong Motor Insurance Bureau has been providing compensation for the wounded during traffic accidents when drivers are not insured or missing, or relevant insurance companies are insolvent since it was founded in 1980. All insurance companies authorized to engage in mandatory auto insurance in Hong Kongshall become the member of Hong Kong Motor Insurance Bureau.


Ref: http://www.mibhk.com.hk/eng/


Back to Top Back to Top
How to claim for compensation?

The procedure of claim for compensation of Target Insurance is simple: please download the form of claim for compensation online and fax to 3585 6028 and email to cs.motor@6161.com.hk or call at 2926 2926 and provide necessary proof within 14 working days. You can also come to our registered office where the opening hours is from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Monday to Friday.


Please complete all the blanks in the Form of Notice of Accident Under Motor Policy for avoiding any delay of your compensation. The more sufficient documents you provide, the more efficient we deal with your claim.

What documents shall submit when claim for compensation?
What shall I do if there is an accident?

In the scene:

I. Remain calm and immediately report to the police and call an ambulancewhen someone is injured, avoid arguing with the other driver.

II. In case of casualties, do not move the vehicles without permission of the police.

III. Do not accept any compensation arrangement voluntarily without consent of Target Insurance, otherwise all responsibilities shall be on one’s own account. In addition, do not reach any agreement with the other party beforegetting prior written consents from the insurance company. 

IV. If possible, get the name and address of the driver of the accident vehicle; the license plate number of the accident vehicle, the vehicle owner's name, the applicant’s name and policy numbers of other vehicles involved.  

V. Notify the insurance company and submit documents as soon as possiblewithin 14 working days after the occurrence of the accident, otherwise the rights and interests of the insured may be affected.

VI. Notify the insurance companypromptly if receiving any information relevant to the case in any forms (for example,any court/police notices or any third party claims).

Under what circumstances we need to report to the police?

According to the existing law, all accidents are required to be reported to the police for recording.


Traffic accidents which only cause vehicle damages and no personal injury or damage to government or third party property, and both parties have parked and exchanged information and reached reconciliation agreement.  These are in accordance with the legislation requirements, thus no need to report to the police for further actions.


If both sides fail to reachreconciliation, or there are deaths, injuries or damagesto the government’s public property or severedamages to the vehicles, one must report to the police for help within 24 hours after the accident regardless of whether the parties have exchanged any information. And without prior authorization of police officers, both partiesinvolved or anyone else should not move or interfere with any vehicles involved in accidents. Any actionscausing destruction, changes or concealment to the evidence of the accidents are criminal acts, and can be fined for a fine of HK$10,000.00 and imprisonment of six months.


We recommend you to report to the police traffic accident investigation agencyimmediatelyafter the accident to protect yourself.

How to calculate the market value of your car?

We will calculate the vehicle market value and the annual depreciation based on the comprehensive insured sum provided by you when buying the insurance policy.  We will also by reference to the market value provided by vehicles agent and professional valuer.  Value of similar vehicles (including make, model and age) in the market at the time of the accident will also be used as a reference.

Under what circumstances should the vehicles be send to the garage for repair?

When the vehicles are damaged themselves, owner need to send them to the garage and obtain the quotation (commonly known as getting the quotation), we will arrange a surveyor (in about 2-3 days) to conduct inspection and verification inthe garage.


Back to Top Back to Top
Customer feedback or complaint

We’re proud of our products and services. In case you have feedback or complaint, you can contact us in one of the following ways:


Phone      29262926

Fax          35856028

Email       cs.motor@6161.com.hk

Post         5/F, Low Block, Grand Millennium Plaza, No. 181 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong


Upon receipt of your feedback or complaint, we will acknowledge your request within one working day and commit a resolution within 5 working days.

Contact Us
2926 2926
Documents submission Facebook
2926 2926
Documents submission
Office Hours
Monday To Friday:
9:00am to 1:00pm, 2:00pm to 5:30pm
Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays:
back to top